Reuss History

David and Gerry
Co-Owners:
David R. Polasek, RPh (L)
Gerald Zengerle, CPhT (R)

Established in 1845, Reuss Pharmacy is proud to say they are the oldest drugstore in the State of Texas! For over 150 years, Reuss Pharmacy has served the needs of the Cuero community and South Texas, and maintains a pharmacy museum which proudly exhibits their storied past thanks to the one who started it all, German immigrant Dr. J.M. Reuss.

Gerald & David have owned Reuss Pharmacy since 1991 and have been employed by the business since the early 1970's. Both were born and raised in Cuero and graduated from Cuero Schools. David is a 1972 graduate from the University Of Houston School Of Pharmacy and Gerald is a 1981 graduate of the University of Houston with a degree in Business Management.